Alfredo is a classic Italian pasta dish that is beloved for its creamy, indulgent sauce and simple yet delicious flavor. With tender noodles and a rich, buttery sauce, this dish is perfect for a cozy night in or a special occasion.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 20 minutes Serving-Size – 4 Servings
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine noodles and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the noodles and set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve the Fettuccine Alfredo hot, garnished with chopped fresh
parsley if desired
Relevant Notes & Tips:
- For a lighter version, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream.
- To make the dish more flavorful, you can add minced garlic and/or chopped shallots to the butter as it melts.
- To prevent the sauce from separating, make sure to add the Parmesan cheese gradually and stir constantly until melted and combined.
- Leftover Fettuccine Alfredo can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.