This flavorful homemade Greek salad dressing takes your greens to the next level. A tangy, olive oil-based dressing packs a flavor punch that complements crisp lettuce, vegetables, olives and feta cheese perfectly.
With just 5 minutes and a few simple ingredients likely already in your pantry, you can blend up the perfect quick and easy salad topper. Making your own allows you to adjust ingredients to suit your tastes.
Read on for my easy recipe for customizable Greek salad dressing along with serving ideas, tips, and tricks. Opa!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Small bowl
- Whisk or blender
- Jar with lid for storage
Make the Dressing
- Add the minced garlic to a small bowl or blender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk or blend in the olive oil until smooth and emulsified.
- Transfer to a jar, seal, and refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before using.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: About 3⁄4 cup
Shelf Life: 5-7 days refrigerated
Use this versatille Greek dressing on:
- Greek salads with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, feta
- Grilled chicken, steak, fish, or shrimp
- Vegetable salads like roasted beets, asparagus, or cauliflower
- Sandwiches with turkey, ham, falafel or gyro meat
- Baked or grilled potatoes
- As a marinade or sauce for lamb, chicken, or pork
- A drizzle over hummus, flatbreads, or tacos
- Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and vegetable medleys
Customize the Flavor
Adapt the dressing to your tastes:
- Use red wine vinegar or lemon juice as the acid
- Add chopped fresh herbs like dill, parsley, mint or basil
- Use part olive oil and part vegetable oil for milder flavor
- For spicy dressing, add crushed red pepper flakes
- Swap mustard for tahini for nuttier flavor
- Add minced shallot or green onion for an oniony bite
- Use part citrus juice and part vinegar for bright tang
Make it Creamy or Vegan
For a creamy dressing, blend in:
- 2-3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream or vegan sour cream
For vegan dressing, use:
- Lemon juice instead of vinegar
- Maple syrup instead of honey
- Vegan worchestershire sauce
- Olive oil or avocado oil
More Greek Flavor Ideas
In addition to salads, use this Greek dressing on:
- Gyros – with lamb, chicken, or seitan
- Souvlaki – with chicken, beef, shrimp or halloumi
- Grilled vegetables – eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers
- Tzatziki sauce – mixed with Greek yogurt and dill
- Roasted potatoes – drizzle over spices potatoes hot out of the oven
- Falafel – brushed on warm falafel or used as a dipping sauce
- Panzanella salad – tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, bread
There are so many ways to use and enjoy this bold, versatile Greek dressing!